Monday, November 15, 2010

CAS93 A Sketch Challenge

This week's CAS challenge is a great sketch by Lori (ltecler).  Here is her card.

One of my friends was just diagnosed with lupus this past week, and I wanted to make her a card of encouragement.  This sentiment came in a pack with other sentiments by kids of all ages, and I thought it would make a great card for her.  It worked out perfect for the sketch this week, too.

I flipped the layout so it would look like a right handed batter was swinging the bat.  I left off the large layer and scored a simple frame instead.

The baseball is a Nestabilities die cut, and the seams were hand drawn using a circle die as a guide.  The bat was cut out by hand, and a pink card base lends it a girly feel.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Inkadinkadoo, CHF woodgrain backgrounder
Paper - GKD PL white, kraft, pink pirouette
Ink - Memento black, kraft, going gray
Accessories - Nestabilities circle dies, Big Shot, daubers, going gray and red markers, dimensionals, Scor-Buddy

Have you hugged a friend today?

K

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love what you did with this sketch! It's very creative and I love the soft pink base! Your friend will surely enjoy it!