Saturday, December 18, 2010

Teacher Tags

I'm sorry it has been so long since I've posted.  I don't know what I have been doing because not much has gotten done.  I haven't had much mental energy the past couple weeks and haven't felt particularly creative.  Bah humbug!  Now if I could just get my Christmas cards finished and mailed (I know!), and my Christmas shopping finished, I'd be all set.  Oh, and make another batch of caramels and a batch of French Waffles.  I was going to do my waffles today, but I'm on call and can't start them for another 2 hours until my call shift is over.

On to my intended post...

One thing I have accomplished in the last weeks is making tags for the kids' teachers.  I had every intention of making them each a pack of cards, but when time snuck up on me, I had to settle for tags.  I came up with 12 different designs, and packaged them in a cello bag with a topper.  I'm bummed I didn't get a photo of the finished bag because they turned out really cute.

Here are all the tags together.


Following are the individual tags.


I inked the stamp with Versamark, then Cherry Cobbler, and embossed with clear EP.  Since the ornament punch is on backorder, these were all hand cut.

Snowflake stamped with Versamark, embossed with detail white EP.

Stamped with Versamark, embossed with marcasite EP.  This is much sparklier IRL.

Just Frosty's head, colored with Copics.  Nestabilities petite oval.

These are so pretty.  Stamped with Versamark and Pacific Point, embossed with Iridescent Ice EP.

Versamark pen on bottom of tag, Iridescent Ice EP.

Versamark, detail gold EP.


I inked just this sentiment from the Jolly Jingles jumbo wheel.  It was really fun trying to line it up straight on the oval and roll it by hand!  :)  I ran my cherry cobbler marker around the edge of these tags.


Nothing fancy on this one.  XL decorative label punch.


Ditto on this one.

I removed the cat hair before this went in the package.  I'm surprised her foot didn't show up in one of the photos.  Moonshine was all over the table while I was photographing these tags.

And my favorite of the whole bunch...

Aren't they the cutest?  I got the idea from one of the stamps in the Tags til Christmas set.  I have had these ribbon slides forever, and they finally got put to good use.  I used the small and large tag punches and a 1/8" circle punch for the buttons.  Adorable!

I had so much fun making all these tags.  I have never made my own tags in the past, but I can see some more in my future.

Just as soon as I get my cards in the mail, my shopping done, my caramels and waffles made...

Maybe next year!

K

3 comments:

Lori VK said...

Cute tags! I'm sure they will be loved.

Heather said...

Brilliant idea, I wish I was one of your children's teachers. My favourite is definitely the santa one, soooo cute!

Susan Raihala said...

Wow, Karen, these are wonderful! Love how much variety you included...very creative and a project I could definitely get into. Thanks for the inspiration!