Sunday, November 13, 2011

Amy Butler Barcelona Skirt

Remember the little sneak peek I gave you of one of my sewing projects?  Well it's time for the big reveal.

I fell in love with Amy Butler's Barcelona Skirt pattern as soon as I saw it.  I really dislike paying full price for patterns, but I didn't even think twice about paying an arm and a leg for this one, and it was so worth it.

Here is the first skirt I made.

I used fabric from the Blossoming line by Kathy Davis for Free Spirit.  Don't you love the colors?  I got many compliments from strangers the first time I wore it, and since I have enough fabric to stock a small fabric store, I thought I'd make another one.

I had originally purchased this fabric (from Hobby Lobby) to make a different style skirt, but it worked well for this pattern.  I love that the layers are not finished seams and the edges fray a little.  I altered the pattern for both skirts in that I didn't line or hem them.  I left the bottom edge to fray just like the other layers.

Which one is your favorite?

K

No comments: