Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thumped Fall Leaves

For this card, I used a layout that I cased from Susan (aka LateBlossom).  Here is her original card.  I changed it up a little with the placement of the stamps and sentiment, and I used different colored inks on my leaves.


Thumping is a great way to give leaves a changing colors/fall look. To do this, I first inked them with the lightest color ink, then thumped them with different colored markers, using different color combinations for each leaf.

If you are looking for a great but often forgotten technique to try, get out your markers and start thumping away!

Supplies used;
Stamps - PTI Leaf Prints, Hero Arts Classic Messages
Paper - PTI
Ink - Memento Pear Tart, Rhubarb Stalk 
Accessories - Various Memento markers

Hope you're able to enjoy the fall weather this weekend!

K

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Karen, this is soooo pretty!!!

Susan Raihala said...

I really had trouble with WV, Karen. You might want to turn it off and moderate comments.