Friday, February 14, 2014

Trader Joe's is in the 'Hood!



I have been waiting for this day for years!  I was first introduced to Trader Joe's when I lived in California a couple decades ago.  I loved their selection of ready to go foods and their very reasonable prices. Needless to say I went through serious withdrawal when I moved to Colorado.  I would have my California friends send me things, or my parents would stop at a TJ's on their way from Indiana so they could get stuff on my list.

But that is not even close to having your own store in which to shop.

After years of emailing my request for a store in the Denver area, they finally listened to me (I am sure I am the one who convinced them!), and we now have THREE stores here.  That's right...three Trader Joe's right in my own back yard!  The closest one is less than two miles away.  I couldn't be happier.

All three stores opened today, and I knew it was going to be crazy, but I just had to go.  I stood in line for almost an hour, but it was great because we all got to shop while we were in line as it snaked up and down the aisles throughout the whole store.  Everyone was well behaved, and the TJ crew members kept the shelves well stocked.  It was a great experience.

Look at the beautiful tulips I got...


They were almost half the price I usually pay for my flowers ($5.99), and they are in much better shape than the ones I just bought this week.

I also picked up a lot of organic produce, all at great prices.  This was the best Valentine's Day, ever!  I love you, Trader Joe's!

Do you have a Trader Joe's in your area?  What is your favorite thing to buy there?

K

No comments: