Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thanksgiving in July

As long as I'm thinking about and making Christmas cards, I thought I'd make a Thanksgiving card, too.  This is another set I rescued from my purge.  The images are great for CAS, and since I haven't parted with it yet, I think I'll let it stay.  It was one of the first sets I bought when I first became a SU demo, and I hadn't even trimmed or mounted it.  That is to my advantage, though, because I won't have to unmount it now!  And I used yet another neglected set.  Woohoo!  I'm getting closer to my goal.


This is a variation of a layout I have been using for several cards that I have made recently.  I can't seem to think of anything else.  This is totally different from the vision I had when I started, but it still turned out ok.

I wanted to do something brown up in the corner for balance, but I don't have much in the way of brown embellishments.  I was going to make faux brads, but decided to repeat the leaves in the patterned paper instead, so a leaf swag it is.  I actually have a similar decoration made out of wood.  It is one of my favorite fall decorations, and if nothing else gets put out, my leaves do.

I couldn't believe one of the patterned papers I've had forever actually matched a SU color perfectly.  Granted, is is a brand new color, but that almost never happens, and it is also why I try really hard not to buy any patterned paper other than SU.  I know, I'm a paper snob, but I'm ok with it.  ;)

Supplies used:
Stamps - little layers II, teeny tiny wishes
Paper - GKD PL ivory, cajun craze, early espresso, DCWV patterned paper
Ink - Memento brown, cajun craze
Accessories - nestabilities rectangle die, Wizard, square lattice EF, dimensionals, linen thread, word window and modern label punches, dauber

Stay cool!

K

No comments: