Saturday, December 3, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me!

I took advantage of Silhouette America's Black Friday sale last week and ordered myself an early Christmas present.  I have had my eye on the new Cameo ever since I new it was coming.  Yes, I know I have a Cricut Expression, and I don't really need another electronic die cutting machine (can you tell I'm about to give an excuse?), but it seemed so much easier to use.  And it is.

I have had my Cricut for over 4 years, and because I have used it no more times than I can count on one hand, I have to try to figure it out every time I want to make something with it.  That is not fun to me.  And the cartridges are wicked expensive, especially when you don't use all the images on them.  With a Silhouette, I can buy only the images I want (most of them for 99 cents), or I can design my own.  Plus it will cut any font I have on my computer.  Score!!  I was sold.

<3 my Silhouette Cameo!

The first project I wanted to make was a sign for my kids' bathroom.  It is a smaller scale of a subway sign I want to make with our 'house rules'.  I had a lot of fun figuring out how to design it, and I think it turned out pretty good.  The kids, however, don't think it is necessary. ha!


After I uploaded these pictures I decided it would look better without the circle and line thingies that separate the phrases, so just pretend they're not there.  ;-)


Can any of you stampers out there figure out what I used for the wood block?

You're right!  It is a background block!  I am so glad I figured out what to do with that huge box of wood I've been hoarding forever.  I must get busy making some other signs with all those blocks.

I've been busy making things to put in my etsy shop, too, so stay tuned for more info.

I'm such a tease!

K

This is not a paid advertisement, I just love my new Cameo!

No comments: