Thursday, May 3, 2012

A New Friend

Many years ago, I was a sales consultant for Longaberger.  I fell in love with their baskets the first time I went to a home show, and ended up signing up to sell them about a year later.  Then I fell in love with their pottery and got a full set of dishes (and bakeware which I absolutely LOVE!).  We have used them every day for 10 years, and not one of them has a crack or a chip.  They are very durable, but they do show utensil marks.


I had read somewhere that Bar Keepers Friend would work to remove the marks, but I had never tried it.  I told myself that the marks would just come back, so why waste my time to remove them?  Well, I got a wild hair the other day and tried it.

Here is one of the bowls before.  See all those grey lines?  Yuck!

I scrubbed away half of the marks just to show that it really works.

And here is the same bowl after.  It looks brand new again!

I was amazed at how well it worked.  I just made a fairly thick paste with the BKF and water, and rubbed the marks away with my finger.  It didn't take long at all to get the marks off, and you can see that the shine was restored to the bowl.  I don't know why I waited so long to try it!

If you have utensil marks on your dishes, give Bar Keepers Friend a try.  I use it all the time on my stainless steel sink, and it works great there, too.

Longaberger no longer knows who I am, and Bar Keeper's Friend has never heard of me.  I just wanted to share my secret little 'friend' with you.

Stay tuned, because I have another post coming up and you'll see why I needed to have 'clean' bowls.  : )

K

1 comment:

Jessica Wekenman said...

Very cool! Your bowls look great! Where do you get Bar Keepers Friend? Thanks for sharing you secret weapon!