Friday, April 23, 2010

P90X Complete!

WOO HOO!!!  We are officially done with P90X!  No more feeling guilty about eating chocolate!  Wait 'til you see how I celebrated...

On a side note, something happened to me this week that has never happened before.  At least that I can recall.  I joined a women's golf league this year, so the others members are just getting to know me.  I can have a pretty mean drive (I am convinced it's because of my increased core strength), and one of the other members was commenting on one of my monster drives.  She said "Where do you get your power?  You are so little."  It took a couple of seconds for me to register that she had called me little.  Me?  Little?  I have never thought of myself that way since I was a scrawny pre-pubescent teenager.  It felt really good though, and put a smile on my face for the rest of the day!

Here are my results:

                   Before                    After                 Difference

weight        141.8 lbs                  135.1 lbs            -6.7 lbs
BMI           24.2                          23.07
Resting heart rate 68                     53                      15
                   
chest          36 3/4"                     35"                    -1 3/4"
waist           30"                          27 1/2"              -2 1/2"
hips             38 3/4"                   36 7/8"               -1 7/8"
R thigh        20 3/8"                   20"                      -3/8"
L thigh        20 1/8"                   19 3/4"                -3/8"
R arm         12 1/4"                   11 5/8"                - 5/8"
L arm         11 3/4"                   11 1/4"                -1/2"

Total inches lost - 8!


Things I Have Learned
  • I don't like to cook (I already knew that, this just reinforced it!)
  • everything in moderation - that includes chocolate!
  • I love asparagus soup
  • my husband can be trained to wash dishes and cook - heehee!
  • eating healthy every day is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be
  • my body composition can be changed, even at my age.  That is what I am most happy about.
  • I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT CHOCOLATE!  Sorry, but there's no other way to say it.
That being said, here is how I celebrated my graduation from P90X...


Molten Chocolate Lava Cake with Real Whipped Cream.  Yum!!  Did you expect anything different?

The best thing about it was I didn't feel one ounce of guilt!

Thanks for hanging with me through this whole ordeal.  It's been a great journey, and it isn't really over.  It will be a way of life for me.

K

1 comment:

Lisa Lara said...

Way to go Karen. Great results. Yo go. I am proud of you!!!!