Friday, April 2, 2010

P90X Update Week Twelve (Phase I Revisited)

In our attempt to refocus and shred some of the sludge that had accumulated the previous two weeks, my hubby and I decided to do the fat burning phase again this week.  We did the menu and exercises from week 1.  It involved a little more cooking on my part (egg white omelettes with some form of protein and veggies vs. store bought whole wheat waffles), but it was definitely worth it.  I didn't crave carbs or chocolate like I did the previous weeks, but I think that was just hormonal!  Every once in a while, I snuck an M&M from the kids' stash (shhh!  don't tell them!), but I didn't eat a whole bag like I would have previously.  I learned that depriving myself doesn't work, so now I will allow myself to have a bite, but only a bite, if I want it.

We have both recovered from our "injuries" and jumped right back on the bandwagon and exercised every day.  It felt really good, too.  I only had to force myself to work out one day this week.  The rest of the days, it just happened without even thinking about it.  I wish it could be like that all the time.  Sometimes life gets really busy, and the first thing to go is working out.  It suddenly disappears from the priority list.  But we all know what happens when we don't stay active.  Sludge starts to accumulate, we say "I'll work out tomorrow", and we end up right where we started.  I don't want that to happen again.

I did another jaw drop when I weighed myself this morning, but it was a happy jaw drop.  I lost all 4 lbs that I had gained in the previous two weeks.  I'm sure most of it was water weight from our little Chili's shenanigan, but at least I am back to where I want to be.

Today I am going to challenge you to go for a walk.  Even if it's just around the block or a shopping mall if the weather is bad.  Get out and breathe the fresh air.  Enjoy the beautiful spring weather.  Think about how much better you will feel when you are done!  If you are already used to exercising, increase your intensity or reps to change it up a bit.  You'll be glad you did!

Time for me to Bring It!  (That's a P90X thing)

K

No comments: