Monday, September 27, 2010

CAS86 - Sketch Inspiration

This week's CAS challenge over at SCS is a sketch inspired by Charlene's (cookiebaker) Thank You So Much card.  It is a sketch I have used frequently, so I was very comfortable using it for my card.  I added a few elements, and although I still consider it CAS, it has a lot more fluff than I usually use.

This card was also tied in to Susan's (LateBlossom) inspiration week on her Simplicity blog.  I tore out a few pages from ads and catalogs recently that were inspiring to me.  This card uses a color combo from one of those ads, and I really love it.  It is so warm and rich!

Here is my DT sample card.


Every time I see a card with a bow made from wide ribbon, I am in awe.  This is the widest ribbon I have (5/8"), so I tried a big bow on this card.  It's not really that big, but it has the effect I wanted.  I think the sponged edge on the image panel is a great balance for the bow.

Supplies used:
Stamps - PTI Turning a New Leaf, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper - Sahara Sand, Cajun Craze
Ink - Versamark, vanilla craft, espresso
Accessories - vanilla EP, heat tool, sponge, brads, satin ribbon, dimensionals, square lattice EF, Big Shot

Oh, in case you're wondering, here is our euchre scoreboard.
Boys - 3
Girls - 1
We haven't given up hope yet, and still have a week to whoop them for good!

Toodles!

K

No comments: