Friday, January 7, 2011

A Potpourri of Cards

My mojo has slowly been returning to me after what seemed like being gone forever.  There have been so many things going on around here, and my creative energy vanished.

It started coming back after my Little Ditty post.  If you sent positive energy my way...thanks, it worked!  Then I looked at the OLW challenge for this week which is as simple as using yellow on your card.  So that's where I started.  I made three cards with yellow, but I'll only post one of them.  I'll spare you the pain of viewing the other two!

I rock 'n rolled the pears, and really like how the colors turned out.  The sentiment was hand written, and I was going to be cute and do a play on words to say "To a great pear", but it just didn't look right, so I wrote it the correct way.  I know, B-O-R-I-N-G.  But I'm weird that way.

Supplies used:
Stamps - PTI Fruitful
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - Daffodil, Celery, Choc chip
Accessories - Wild Wasabi marker
Techniques - rock 'n roll

I finally finished this card after many attempts.  My original thought for this card was to have the fruit out-of-the-box.  Then I was stumped.  It finally came together, though.  It's not the greatest, but hey, I feel like I just started stamping again!

Supplies:
Stamps - PTI Fruitful
Paper - Only Orange, Green Galore, GKD PL white
Ink - Only Orange, Yo Yo Yellow
Accessories - rectangle Nestabilities, orange rhinestones

We are getting ready to finish our basement, and in moving stuff out, I ran across my box of sets that I am going to sell.  Of course I had to go through them again and found a set I was surprised was in there.  So I made a card with it.

Very simple, but the random placement of the bling makes it not so ordinary.  I think I'll keep this set for a while.

Supplies:
Stamps - Delight in Life
Paper - Lavendar Lace
Ink - Lavendar Lace, Lovely Lilac
Accessories - ribbon, rhinestones

Our local Xpedx store clearanced all their stamping supplies, so I picked up a few things today.  I've had my eye on the Hero Arts large coffee cup for a long time, and 25% off was the only excuse I needed to buy it.  Not sure what I am going to do with the three big donuts that came in the set, but at least I have the coffee!

I paper pieced the band on the cup and ran it through my crimper.  The photo doesn't show it well, but it gives it great texture.  All edges are distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Ink which completely transformed the look of the card.  It was very blah otherwise and lacked dimension even though the cup is up on dimensionals.  Sometimes clean cards just need to get a little dirty.

Supplies:
Stamps - Hero Arts, PTI Faux Ribbon (sentiment)
Paper - GKD PL ivory and white, Kraft, Enchante' DSP (retired)
Ink - Memento black, Choc Chip, Ranger Walnut Stain
Accessories - crimper, Nestabilities, dimensionals
Techniques - paper piecing, distressing

So there you have my feeble attempt at stamping again.  I even used up some of my retired papers (a lot of them, actually), and managed to use up a sizeable piece of patterned paper.  Woohoo!

I'll try not to be gone so long again!

K

9 comments:

Jessica Wekenman said...

I'm so glad to hear (and see) your mojo is finding it's way back! I did love your lost mojo ditty! Your cards are all great! I especially love the technique with the pears and the paper pieced and crimped coffee cup! So fun!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Karen- Your blog is very nice, and your cards and tags are great! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment on my OLW 35 (yellow) card!

Esther Asbury said...

Really like the coffee cup one! Wish my handwriting was as nice as yours -- I'd write on all my cards instead of stamping!

Donelda said...

I love your yellow pears ... Susan will roar with laughter!! and I like all your other cards too. you are definately getting out of your slump :-)

Kathie said...

I love the Delight in Life. I just purchased this set; I love what you did!

Ardyth said...

I would say your mojo is definitely back! I have that HA set (and maybe another one that's similar)and plan to use the donuts with the "I donut know what I'd do without you" for my kids' valentines. Easy for them to colour, gender neutral and no mushy stuff!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Great cards! I wish my handwriting was as neat as yours!

Susan said...

Your pear card is just adorable...and I would have had trouble spelling it "pear" instead of pair, too!

All the cards are well done! You've been busy!

Susan Raihala said...

Not feeble at all, Karen! The pears are adorable and using pair is perfect, too. All the cards are wonderful...I particularly love the coffee one (wonder why? *snort*) which makes me want that clear set in the worst way. The rubber version of that stamp, which I do have, is just a bit too big. Sigh. It never ends, does it?

Hugs,
Susan