Saturday, January 15, 2011

Summer Scenes

I can't believe another week has passed.  I don't know where the time goes.  This was a busier week than normal, and I didn't get much stamping done.  I did take some time this afternoon to make a couple cards.

In keeping with using my new stamps before they get put away, I used one of my new Hero Arts sets that I got on clearance last week.  It has lots of cute beach and summer-y images, and I managed to create two totally different looks on my cards.

First up, a warm, soothing card...

The image was colored with Copics using a sunset photo I had taken while on vacation in the Turks and Caicos Islands as a guide.  It took me right back in time.  I even had a silhouette of a beach umbrella in my photo.  Can you see the sky-blue pink?  I love that color!  I kept the card very simple so the image would take center stage.

Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous Summer Scene, PTI Day at the Beach
Paper - Pumpkin Pie, GKD PL white
Ink - Memento tuxedo black
Accessories - Copic markers, crumb cake marker, rectangle Nestabilities, Big Shot, dimensionals


And now, for a more whimsical look...

I took the sentiment literally, and put some fun in the sun.  I think flip flops (or ting tongs, as I used to call them) are fun, and they are a staple in my wardrobe all year long.

Since the sentiment and the image were about the same size, I overlapped them to make it seem like one big image.  Otherwise they would have been fighting for your eye's attention.

Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous Summer Scene, Michael's $ stamp
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - Yo yo yellow, Memento tuxedo black
Accessories - Copic markers, dimensionals


Now that I have summer and warm weather out of my system, we can head up to the mountains to do a little snowboarding.  This will be the first year both kids will be boarding instead of skiing.  You know, because good parents don't let their kids ski.  Heehee!  (Yes, I'm a little biased!)

Have a great rest of your weekend!

K

1 comment:

katemade designs said...

LOVE the relax card so simple and elegant