Friday, March 26, 2010

P90X Update Week Eleven?

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that I was so enthusiastic about changing my ways?  Wasn't I telling everyone who would listen what a great program P90X was?  Wasn't I proud of my newfound abs and core strength?

What happened?

That is what I have been asking myself these past two weeks.  The enthusiasm is gone, and dread has set in.  Dread of cooking all day every day (not really, it just seems that way), dread of my entire morning being consumed by this thing called P90X, dread of being controlled by something other than myself.  My attempt to refocus this week didn't work.  I can't justifiably count this as week eleven because I didn't really do it.

I could sit here and write a book of all the reasons (read: excuses) as to why it didn't happen, but the fact is, it didn't happen.  It didn't happen for my husband either.  We both made bad choices and paid the price.  I was shocked beyond belief when I weighed myself this morning.  My jaw actually hit the floor!  I knew I had probably gained weight, but didn't think it would be more than a pound or so.  I don't even want to reveal how much I gained, but since part of my reason for blogging this P90X journey was to keep me accountable, I feel I must.  After all, I am only human.  I am completely embarassed to say that I gained 3.5lbs.

IN ONE WEEK!  Ack!

I am ashamed of myself.

Add that to the 0.4lbs from last week, and I have put on almost 4lbs in two weeks.  I am trying not to beat myself up over this, but it just goes to show how difficult it is to make good choices all the time.  Looking back, I'm still not quite sure what happened other than my mind just wasn't in it.  And once again, it is time for a change.

My husband and I were discussing our lack of compliance yesterday, and decided to go out for dinner last night to bid a final farewell to our bad choices.  In keeping with the theme of bad choices, we went to Chili's.   I started off with an El Nino margerita, had the Old Timer hamburger with fries (at least I didn't add cheese - I was saving the calories for dessert!), and finished it off with the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake, which I split with our two kids.  Oh, I almost forgot the two orders of chips and salsa we all polished off before our dinner arrived.  I was so stuffed, I wanted my husband to roll me out of the restaurant.  And he probably could have!  It was a horrible feeling, but I enjoyed every yummy bite that went into my mouth.   I feel like I need to call a psychiatrist!

Wait a minute...that's it!  Most of the 3.5lbs is water weight from all the sodium I ingested last night!

Yeah.

Whatever.

No comments: