Friday, May 14, 2010
I am on a reorganizing kick in my craft room. I have 5 of the acrylic Dzyntec storage cubes that I have been using for many years. I really like them because they store 12 ink pads, and there are three little drawers that are divided into 12 compartments. I store my reinkers, daubers, and matching brads in them. There is also a drawer to hold markers. Basically, every color family has it's own little container, and I love having it all together. But they take up a lot of room.
I cut all the pieces using my quilting rulers and a craft knife. Then I cut the end pieces where the shelves will go. I was careful to not cut all the way through the back paper so the foam could be removed, creating the slots.
I also cut holes in each shelf and the bottom for the vertical supports. Measure four times, cut once. That's why it took me so long, but I never made a mistake!
I started the assembly by hot gluing the vertical supports into the base. If you do this, make sure you lift it off of your work surface before the glue sets so it doesn't get stuck!
I am really pleased with how this turned out. Now I just need to make another one for all my Staz-on and various other ink pads.
I think I'll stamp something first, though!
ETA: For more detailed directions and the dimensions I used, see my other post here. To see all of my foam board projects, you can click on the "foam board" label on the left side of my blog.