Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It Doesn't Pay to Go to Bed Early



I have been fighting a nasty cold for well over a week, and have been burning my candle at both ends as usual.  I was so exhausted after I got the kids to bed last night, I went to bed, too.  I was in bed before 9:00.  That never happens.  Ever.

I was hoping to get a good 8-10 hours of sleep.  My body could definitely use it.  So I was a little peeved when I woke up at 2:00am, ready to go for the day.  After all, I had gotten my usual 5 hours of sleep.  Who needs more than that?  Apparently not me.

As I tried to go back to sleep, I heard a faint cry coming from my craft room.  I tried to ignore it, but it wouldn't stop.  It was saying something about an unfinished project waiting for me.  Tossing and turning wouldn't get my card finished, so I got up and came to my cave.

Here is what I finished.


I know this looks familiar, because I cased myself.  I got so many nice comments on my other butterfly card, I decided to change it up a bit with this one.

I used the Twinkling H2Os technique that Susan (LateBlossom) posted on her blog.  If you haven't tried this yet, I highly encourage you to try it.  It is so easy, and you can use it for so many things.  I used cold press watercolor paper, so there was a lot of texture before I ran it through the Cuttlebug.


The CB pretty much flattenend the texture, but you can still see a little variation in the color.  To add some distressing, I lightly sanded the embossed area.  I love SU! paper, and use their colors exclusively, but if you want to have a white core show through when distressing, this is a great technique to use.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Teeny tiny wishes (this has quickly become my go-to sentiment set)
Paper - GKD PL white, cold press watercolor paper
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Twinkling H2Os, paintbrush, butterfly embosslits die, sanding block, half pearls, dimensionals, ribbon, SAMJ

I hope you enjoyed Susan's Twinkling H2Os technique.  I know I will be using it for many things.

K

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the clean and simple - yet elegant look. I'll have to try that tecnique.
Lynn

Susan Raihala said...

So. Totally. Beautiful.