Thursday, May 6, 2010

Guy Card and some Simple Daisies

My brother's birthday is tomorrow, and like usual, it snuck up on me, and I didn't have a card made for him.  I was going to make it last night, but nothing came to me until I was lying in bed trying to go to sleep.  It was already almost time to get up, so I thought I'd better stay in bed and wait 'til morning to make it.

I used the new Espresso cardstock that SU is adding to their core colors this year.  It is so rich in color, I already know it will be my go-to brown.  I didn't think I would like anything better than chocolate chip (how could I like anything better than chocolate?), but we're talking about coffee here!

Isn't this a great color combo for a guy card?  I will have to file this one away for future reference.  You could substitue navy, artichoke, riding hood red, eggplant, wasabi, Baja breeze, or Pacific point for the embossed panel, and it would still be a great combo.  Don't you just love the espresso and suede together?

Supplies used:
Stamps - Angler, teeny tiny wishes
Paper - naturals ivory, espresso, not quite navy, soft suede
Ink - Memento rich cocoa, creamy caramel
Accessories - CB folder and machine, linen thread, HS edge distresser, dauber


Then I was playing around with my Both Way Blossoms set that I have had for at least 3 years.  I only know that because it retired in 2007.  Can you believe it had never seen ink?  I have too many sets in that situation, so I am trying to use them so I can decide if I want to keep them.  After all, I have to make room for the new sets I don't have yet!  heehee!

It may be a little hard to see, but the center card has a frame around the image made with my scor-pal.  I was just playing around with different frames to make a one layer card.  I made one image panel and colored in the leaves, but decided to leave these black and white with just a pop of color from the flock.  As I am cleaning out and reorganizing my craft stash, I am finding all kinds of fun things to use.

These don't have sentiments stamped on them yet.  Too many times I have a card I want to send to someone, but it has the wrong words, so I thought I'd wait to put them on until I know who I am sending them to.

Supplies used:
Stamps - both way blossoms
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Glue pen, flock, gingham ribbon, glue dot, scor-pal, Zig writer, SAMJ

I think I'll keep this set!

K

1 comment:

Susan Raihala said...

Great guy card and TOTALLY AWESOME daisy cards!!!!!