Monday, October 18, 2010

CAS89 Inspired by Me!

This week's CAS challenge is a sketch inspired by a card I made while trying out for the CAS DT.  This card is the one we are using for inspiration.

I have to admit, nothing I thought of came close to the Wow! factor of my lighted bulb card, so I had to settle for these.


My in-laws lost their Golder Retriever, Hunter, unexpectedly this past week, so I made this card for them.  The top note takes the place of the drawn border.  I put another top note on the inside since the card base is so dark.  I love the look of kraft (crumb cake) and soft suede together.  They are a great neutral combo.

Supplies used:
Stamps - PTI Loss of Pet
Paper - Soft suede, crumb cake
Ink - Soft suede
Accessories - Tope note die, Big shot


This card doesn't really do anything for me.  I'm not sure if it's the colors or what, but I just don't like it.  Using cool colors for warm wishes probably wasn't a good idea.  Oh, well, it is what it is.   Here, I scored a frame instead of drawing one.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Jolly bingo bits, All year cheer I
Paper - Marina mist, white, daffodil
Ink - Basic grey
Accessories - Marina mist and daffodil markers, baker's twine, dimensionals, tag and small tag punches, Scor-pal

I am still working on getting my room put back together.  Boy, I have a lot of stuff!  I am really proud of myself for donating a stack of patterned paper 3" tall to my daughters Kindergarten class.  The teacher was so happy to get it.  No more paper stack packs for me!

I also took a little bit of a break from my unmounting adventure.  At this rate I think a couple months will be more like it!

Thanks for stopping by!

K

No comments: