Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thank Goodness for Scraps!

When I got home from work this past Tuesday, both of my kids were in my craft room making me cards.  The reason they were making them is another story for another time.  As I was helping them clean up their mess, I came across some scraps of paper they had cut off using decorative scissors.  As I laid them neatly in my hand to toss into the recycle bag, I looked at them and realized they would make a neat ground on a card.

And tonight, this card was born.


The scraps are just as they were.  I didn't have to modify anything except cut the excess off the edges of the card.  Isn't it cool?  It turned out just as I imagined.  It always surprises me when that happens!

I used this curly tree to balance all the lines in the paper.  I wasn't sure what sentiment I was going to use because this could be a happy tree, but since it is missing all its leaves, this sentiment seemed perfect.

The sentiment was curved slightly on my block to echo the slight curve of the ground.  It would have looked weird had I left it perfectly straight.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Hero Arts tree, GKD Tag Lines
Paper - GKD PL ivory,  DP unknown
Ink - Memento rich cocoa, Baja Breeze
Accessories - deco scissors

I always cringe when I find my kids in my craft room unattended, especially when they have gotten into my stash of patterned paper. They always seem to use my favorite kind, but if they make me something with it, I will have it around to look at forever. At least someone is putting it to good use!

And in this case, I got to make something with it, too.

1 comment:

katemade designs said...

absolutely wonderful. Love the ripped paper scraps.