Sunday, October 10, 2010

Making Progress

I have spent the last four days, almost entirely, in my craft room.  My ScrapNcube order arrived on Thursday, and my room wasn't even close to being ready.  I still needed to move most everything out and paint the trim.  Back track to 3 1/2 years ago when we first moved into this house.  In my haste to get my room together, I elected not to paint the trim.  I had painted the entire house, and couldn't bear the thought of painting the trim.  (Note to self - don't ever do that again.)  Right now, my craft room is the only room in the house that has painted trim.  And that makes me feel special.

I finished moving things out on Thursday, and prepped to paint.  I won't tell you that I elected (not forgot, but rather chose) not to caulk after I taped everything off.  Stupid!  (Note to self - don't ever do that again.)  Visions of the perfect room must have been clouding my brain, because I obviously wasn't thinking clearly.

Friday morning was spent painting the trim, and then we started moving things in.  My order came on 2 pallets, and it took almost as much work to get them unpacked as it did to put them together.  It took the entire day to get all my tables moved in and assembled.  I moved a few things in on Friday, but was so exhausted I had to get some sleep.  I wanted to sleep on my new tables, they were so pretty!  But that wouldn't have been very comfortable, so I went to bed instead.

I woke up early Saturday and started the big move-in.  I don't even think I made my coffee before I started.  I knew I hadn't ordered all the cubes I would eventually need, but I have a place for the things I use on a regular basis.  Once I decide how I want to store the left-overs, I'll know which cubes to order.  Moving all my paper out of my closet and into the file drawers has freed up a ton of shelf space in my closet, so now I have that storage space to use.


I can't tell you how happy Mr. Brown made me when he delivered my order.  This is one of two pallets.

Here is a peek at how I organized my embellishments.




Each color has a drawer of its own, with a few drawers having more than one color.  I tied a colored tag on each knob so I can see what color lives inside.


Here is a look at my orange and yellow embellishment drawer.  I decided to include my SU markers in my color drawers, and I'm not quite sure how that is going to work out. I'm going to give it a try, though, because that frees up other drawers I would otherwise use just for markers.


I have my ribbon stored in a similar way with colored tags on the knobs.  I love that my ribbon is now protected from the light (and dust).  It looks so much neater, too.


Here is my red, pink, orange, and yellow ribbon drawer.  I organized my ribbon with SU brand first, followed by other manufacturers for each color.  I was amazed at how much ribbon fit into each drawer.

I spent a good part of Saturday, and most of the day today unmounting and combining my stamps in SU storage cases.  My record is eleven sets in one case.  Granted, some of them are single stamps, but it would still take eleven boxes to store them, and I reduced that to one DVD sized case.  I'm not even close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but if I do a few sets a day, I should be done in a couple months.  Just kidding - maybe a couple weeks.  I hope!


Here is a look at my record combination case.  It is the Extreme series and the Just (sports) series.  Eleven sets in one!!!

And that is why I don't have any pictures of my whole room yet.  It is still a mess with stamps, and cases, and stuff all over the place.  But I am making progress, and it looks so much better than it did.   I will try post pictures of my whole room soon.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you understand why I haven't been stamping lately.  That is going to change, though, now that I can get to all my stuff!

Toodles!

K

2 comments:

Jess said...

ooooh I love the little sneak peeks... can't wait to see the whole room!

Bonnie said...

How are you "unmounting" your stamps and what do you do to use them on a block? I can't wait to see your whole room. How exciting to get all that organizing done! I'm still working out of the guest room, as long as we don't have company!