Thursday, October 21, 2010

What Day Is It?

I spent all day yesterday not realizing it was Wednesday, my favorite card making day of the week (because it is OLW).  I don't know what day I thought it was, but it most certainly wasn't Wed.  My kids did make it to their regularly scheduled activities, though.  I'm thinking I need to catch up on my sleep!

Jennifer Styles is hosting the OLW challenges for a while on her blog, and this week it is The Birds and the Bees (and the Flowers and the Trees).  We are to use any combination of two of the above.

I immediately thought of the bee stamp in the In Full Bloom set, one of my all time favorites.  I make coasters with this set all the time, so I never thought of using it to make cards.  Until now.


When I was searching my stamps for a sentiment for this card, I came across this one in the Butterfly of Happiness set.  I loved the style of the font with the image, but I especially liked how it conveys the message of the image perfectly.  Bees certainly spread the love by pollenating all those flowers out there in the world.  Where would we be without bees?

Hungry!

(Ok, I'll stop answering my own questions.  It's just that I've been up for 3 hours and haven't eaten breakfast yet, and I am hungry.)

The bonus was I got to use my Copics to color it in!  After yesterday's post about using solid image stamps more frequently, I turn around and use something today that requires coloring.  I sure am consistent, aren't I?

I won't answer that one!

Supplies used:
Stamps - In Full bloom, Butterfly of Happiness
Paper - GKD PL white (120 lb as always - no Copic bleed-through)
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Copics, SAMJ

Ok, ok, I'm going to go eat breakfast now.  Make it a great day!

K

3 comments:

Jennifer Styles said...

This card is adorable! Happy and cheerful with a great sentiment.

Great job on the challenge!

Bonnie said...

I love the pretty flower and the bee and you're right, the sentiment is perfect! Answering your own questions is good. At least you get an answer!

Chrissie said...

This is a really cute cheerful card!
Super!
Chrissie