Saturday, February 13, 2010

New old challenge cards

Jen, MissBoo on SCS, just announced a new search for CAS Design Team members.  We had to make and submit a card using a past CAS challenge, so these are what I made.


This was for CAS24, a color challenge to use turquoise, orange, and yellow.  I've had this Michael's $ stamp for a long time, and this was the perfect occasion to use it.  The ribbon was in my scrap jar, and I think it compliments the trees nicely.  Aren't these colors pretty together?

Supplies used:
Stamps - Studio G trees and katie &co sentiment, both Michael's $ stamps
Paper - GKD pure luxury white
Ink - Taken with Teal, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Memento black
Accessories - SAMJ, ribbon, glue dot




This was for the CAS45 challenge - "I've Got Curves".  The Cuttlebug layer was a leftover from a previous attempt at a card.  I used my Fiskars cloud scissors to make the waves, and paper pieced the whale.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Pun Fun
Paper - GKD pure luxury white, Bashful Blue, Delicate Dots DSP
Ink - Memento black, Bashful Blue
Accessories - CB D'vine swirl folder and machine, Fiskars cloud scissors
Technique(s) - Paper piecing, DTP

Which one do you think I should submit?  Let's see if you pick the same one I did!

Thanks for stopping by!

K

2 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh K these are adorable. Good luck on the Spring CAS DT.

LeAnne said...

I like the trees one the best...and yes, good luck! I wish I had the confidence (and time) to try out---maybe next time! Your things are certainly good enough to win!