Monday, August 9, 2010

CAS garden challenge

Have you ever had a stamp set that you fell in love with when you saw samples, but couldn't do anything with it once you got it?  I've had several, and most of them ended up in my for sale box after just one attempt at trying to make them work.  Isn't that pitiful?  One try, and out they go?  It takes me long enough to make a card anyway, that if I have to try too hard to make the stamps work, it isn't fun anymore.  Stamping should be the easy part.  After all, that's why I don't draw my own images; it's too much work.  And I'm not much of an artist.

When I saw this week's CAS challenge on SCS to make a garden themed card, I knew what set I was going to use.  It was one I fell in love with, had to have, and ended up banishing to my shelf ever since my first attempt at using it.  It was way too much work the first time, but there was something about the set that made me want to work at it again.

I'm so glad I tried it again, because now I like it, and I'll be using it a lot more.


I'm not sure if this qualifies as CAS because there is a lot going on, and there isn't much 'white' space, but it was very easy to make.  It's just a bunch of punches!

After I finished this card and uploaded it to my card file, I noticed that the first card I made with this set also used the same "get well wishes" sentiment.  Guess I feel that these are healing flowers.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Awash with flowers, teeny tiny wishes
Paper - marina mist, celery, GKD PL white
Ink - wasabi, celery, melon mambo, pretty in pink, marina mist, bashful blue, daffodil delight
Accessories - punches:  word window, modern label, large oval, ticket corner, EK lattice chain, half pearls, dimensionals

Can you believe I didn't use my SAMJ on this?  I can't remember the last time I didn't use it on a card.  SU!'s clear mount stamps are so awesome, I could just eyeball the 2 step images.

What do you do when you have trouble with a stamp set?  Do you work at it until you get it, or do you give up like me?

Bad Karen, bad!

K

No comments: