Thursday, August 5, 2010

Music to my Eyes

Whenever I go to a craft store, I always browse the stamp aisle to see if there are any new stamps I can't live without.  The keyboard stamp I used on this card caught my eye, so I used my 40% off coupon to buy it.  I'm really glad they didn't have the storage jar I was looking for, because then I wouldn't have been able to buy this stamp.

I started playing the piano when I was in kindergarten, played the clarinet and tenor sax in band all through high school, and both of our kids play the piano now.  I love music stamps, and their teachers always appreciate the cards I make for them.  So this made a nice addition to my music stamp collection.


This started out as a OLC, but I smudged it when I was using my SAMJ to stamp the keyboard.  It turned out better because I ended up stamping another keyboard and matting it in black.  It really makes the keyboard pop.  I love the curvy line of the sentiment to add a little interest to an otherwise line-y card.

I plan on making a bunch of these to give as music teacher gifts.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Stampendous and Stampabilities
Paper - GKD PL white, basic black
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - SAMJ

K

No comments: