Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Cutest Little Onesie

I needed to make a baby shower card for one of my co-workers, and wanted to use a little onesie stamp.  The only problem was, I didn't have one.  I thought for a brief moment (about 0.000001 sec) about using a digi stamp.  I haven't ever gone there, and I really don't want to.  I get into enough trouble with rubber stamps.  Besides, I wouldn't know where to start to look.  I'm not ready to know.

Yet.

So, I did the next best thing...made my card a onesie!


There are many different templates for onesie cards, and this is the one I ended up using.  Thank you, Lauren, for posting the tutorial.

I added a strip of scallop border trim to the sleeves.  The mom-to-be chose a lamb pattern for the nursery, so I drew my own lamb on the front and used liquid applique to make it wooly.

Supplies used:
Stamps - none
Paper - pink pirouette, whisper white, blush blossom
Ink - none
Accessories - 1 3/8" circle, scallop circle, and scallop border punches, button brads, scor pal, liquid applique, Zig writer

It was really quite easy to make, and makes the cutest little card.  Make one of these, and everyone at the shower will be oooing and aaahing.

Enjoy your weekend!

K

No comments: