Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Trendy Tree

Today's color challenge on SCS really spoke to me.  It seems like I have been using a lot of poppy lately, and this color combo is a real winner.  Baja, poppy, and crumb cake (it will always be kraft to me!).

I used another set that I haven't been able to do much with even though I've seen tons of lovely cards made with it.  I wanted to use my new PTI cloud dies, and this scene just made itself right in front of my eyes.


Isn't this an awesome color combination?  Poppy tends to be very bright, but pairing it with the soft baja and kraft crumb cake softens it just enough.


I made the clouds 3-D by popping them up on dimensionals, then glueing the edges down.

Supplies used:
Stamps - trendy trees, love ya bunches, PTI mega mixed messages
Paper - crumb cake, poppy, baja, textured white, GKD PL white
Ink - crumb cake, poppy, black
Accessories - dimensionals, PTI cloud die, rhinestones, SAMJ

I'm not sure where my mojo came from, but I'm sure enjoying it!

K

No comments: