Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another Challenge

I was happy to take a break from my painting this morning so I could make a card for this week's Less is More 4 challenge.  I was thrilled when I read the challenge  -  a recipe to use 3 squares - because I had the perfect sets for it...the newly released Bitty Background Blocks by PTI and Quilter's Sampler that were still in my New Stamp basket.

I absolutely love how this ended up.  It evokes such a warm feeling.  The 3 squares were stamped on scrap paper and cut out with pinking deco scissors.  I used a real needle and thread to embellish.

Supplies:
Stamps - PTI Bitty Background Blocks, Quilter's Sampler
Paper - So Saffron, GKD PL ivory
Ink - Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, Old Olive
Accessories - deco scissors, needle, thread

I've had a few requests from my readers to subscribe to my blog by email, and that suprises and flatters me!  Since I am severely computer and blog design challenged, I didn't know how to set it up.  So after about an hour or more of searching, reading 'help' topics that were no help, reading chat threads and such, I figured it out and now have it all set up.  I would love to have you subscribe.  And thanks to those who prompted me to figure it out!  I appreciate you!

K

24 comments:

Sue said...

WOW I wish I had thought of that.
Thats soooooo brilliant.

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Great card and great idea. Love the finishing touch of needle and thread. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

Chrissie said...

Simply stunning, it looks like real fabric swatches and the needle and thread is inspired!
Thanks so much Karen.
See you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lynne K said...

This is wonderful! What a great take on the subject. Lovely sentiment too.

jimlynn said...

Just PERFECT!!!! LOVE IT.
Lynn

Mandi said...

This is simply stunning Karen
I thought they were real material squares
Just fabulous!
Thanks for playing along
Look forward to seeing you next week
mandi
"Less is More"

Jane said...

WOW fantastic card, I also thought the squares wer fabric till I read all of your post xx

Zoe Tant said...

Love this. It really does look like real fabric. Super sentiment too! Zx

TAM said...

I also thought the squares were real fabric - those stamps are incredibly lifelike. Superby card

Ciara said...

Wow, this card is brilliant! What a brilliant idea, xx

Brenda R said...

I wish I had made that card! I probably would have tried using real fabric since I don't have that set. In fact, I may use your card for inspiration! Well done!

Doris said...

What a great idea! I'm subscribing, too.

massofhair said...

Simple design and makes me want to start hand sewing again... Scared of the electric ones!

You have really got this CAS technique down, really impressed:-)

Julie said...

I love this! The patches and needle and thread are fabulous and perfect with the sentiment!

Susan said...

How perfect! I love the squares...and the needle and thread is an awesome touch!

Ree Donnelly said...

YAYYYY!!!!! So glad to be able to subscribe by email now!

I have to say, I just LOVE this card... I'm thinking that actual fabrics could also be used in this as well. And i love, love, love the needle & thread, it just makes it!

:o)

Hugs, Ree

kingstonmama said...

What a clever idea. I love it! I really thought they were squares of fabric at first. Everything goes so perfectly together - the squares, the sentiment, and the needle and thread.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is stunning and looks like real material, love the needle and thread.

Stamps and Paper said...

WOw what a great idea...I should have thought of fabric as I do patchwork! Fabulous card.

Anne

Sarah said...

Really love this. Looks so real. What fab stamps - I had to look them up! Great colour choice - simple and so pure! Well done.
Sarah

Lynne said...

Absolutely fabulous! The addition of the needle and thread is truely inspired.
Lynne xxx

Anonymous said...

Love your card, those stamps are wonderful I want them now lol. I have always worried about putting needles on my cards incase the recipient injures themselves on it but it lokks just perfect

Aileen said...

I have to say that I also thought they were real pieces of fabric. Well done. x

Shobana said...

Awesome card! Love the design, the sentiment, the needle and oh....just everything! :)