Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute to make my Valentine's cards.  I had them made a little before 3:00 today, but haven't had a chance to post until now.

I made three cards in about 45 minutes today.  I think that is a record for me.  It usually takes me that long to make one!

First up, a card for my daughter...

I thought it would look cute for the dog to be looking at the sentiment.  The heart was an afterthought, but I think it looks cute.

She loves dogs (even though we have cats), so when I saw this set on clearance at Joann's for $2.97, I couldn't resist.  All the dogs in this set are really cute, and she'll love them all.  I love how my brand X ribbon matched my Memento ink perfectly.  When does that ever happen?

A card for my son...

Talk about killing two birds with one stone.  Same idea - dog looking at sentiment - but different layout and colors.  Twine instead of ribbon since he would think ribbon was 'girly'.

Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado Dogs, PTI Love Birds, Amuse oval
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - Real Red, Memento Rose Bud, Angel Pink, Danube Blue, Summer Sky
Accessories - Ribbon, Baker's twine, Post-it notes for masking

And of course, one for my hubby...

This set from PTI is so easy to use for CAS cards, and I made this card in the blink of an eye.  The heart was added by the sentiment for the third leg of my red triangle.

I was patting myself on the back after I made these three cards today.  I love them all!  *pat, pat*

Hope you had a wonderful day filled with lots of love!

K

3 comments:

Jessica Wekenman said...

Absolutely Adorable! I love them all, too! I'm sure your family did, too! :)

Carol said...

All 3 cards are just as sweet as can be! Who would have ever thought that Inkadinkadoo dog set would make wonderful valentines? Adorable!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

WOW! I love these. CAS and gorgeous. Love Sheila (Cyprus)