Friday, February 25, 2011

Catching Up on Challenges

I really missed participating in some of the challenges out there, so I got caught up with some of them today.

My first card is for this week's CAS107 challenge to create your own background.  I sponged mine, and used a stamp out of my new stamp basket.  Woohoo!

I tried spritzing the background with water to get a watercolor effect, but it didn't work and just ended up warping my card.  It isn't bad now that it has completely dried.  Maybe I needed more ink to get the effect I was after.  ??

I off-set the sentiment to the left to balance the image placement on the right.

Supplies:
Stamps - Hero Arts Leaf  Cluster and sentiment
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - various Memento dew drops for sponging and the image
Accessories - Nestabilities circle (to make mask for sponging), sponge, SAMJ

Next is a card for the Less is More week 3 theme challenge where the theme is spring.  Spring makes me think of planting pots of flowers, so that's what I made on my card.

Last year, I bought all new planters for our patio, and they were all blue.  I love how the blue makes the flowers seem so much brighter, so I colored my flower pot blue.

Supplies:
Stamps - Blooming with Love
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - Memento tuxedo black
Accessories - Copic markers, Star Dust Stickles for flower centers

And my last challenge card for now, this time for OLW42 hosted by Jennifer Styles.  The theme is music.

Another (lame) attempt at a collage card, but I guess it's ok.  My practice scraps were much worse!  I off-
stamped the gray once so it wasn't so dark.

Supplies:
Stamps - Extreme Elements, Extreme Guitar, Hampton Art sentiment
Paper - GKD PL white
Ink - Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Paris Dusk, London Fog

I'm glad there are so many challenges to choose from.  They help keep my mojo flowing!

K

14 comments:

tala1947 said...

It doesn't look LAME to me. Images are over-lapped, reds balance each other. I think we are our own worst critics.

pickle said...

All lovely.... I especially like the middle one

Kerry x

Lynne said...

They are all super but I love your LiM card. Such a pretty cas, springlike card.
Lynne xxx

Suze Bain said...

Popped over from LIM blog. All 3 cards are nice, I love the colours in the first one, the cheery cards in the second one and the third is a great boys card.

Chrissie said...

Love your LIM card... the sentiment is super... is it a stamp or did you do it on the computer?
Thanks so much for joining our challenge!
See you next week.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Katalytic said...

They are all great cards. Love the flowers with the sentiments

Susan said...

Wow! You've really been playing catch-up! And is all looks awesome!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wow lovely cards, the LIM card is so simple, but very effective.

Mandi said...

Super card, perfect for CAS and our theme of Spring
Thank you!
See you again
mandi
"Less is More2

Deborah Frings said...

What a brilliant selection of CAS cards!! Love them all. But I adore the rock music card - my lad would love it too!

Suze Bain said...

Great cards Karen, wish I was as confident with colour!

kingstonmama said...

I love your OLW card! The colors and images are wonderful together!

Vicky Hayes said...

All gorgeous CAS cards! Love them all especially the top one. (You could try spritzing the card stock before you sponge if you want more of a water colour look.)

Jennifer Styles said...

Well, you sure ROCKED the music challenge!

Awesome colours, great layout. Perfect!

Thanks for playing along with OLW42!